Temporary Vacancy (1 year contract)
Coordinator for the Vietnamese Graduates from Australia Club – Hanoi Chapter
VGAC, part of the Vietnam-Australia Friendship Association (VAFA), is a network of over 5000 Vietnamese graduates from various Australian education and training institutions. VGAC’s objectives are to promote networking among members, Australian institutions, and other interested parties as well as strengthen co-operation between
Vietnam and Australia, especially in education and training.
VGAC works closely with Australian Embassy to organise various activities, including social networking and professional development activities for alumni of
Australia in Vietnam. At the moment, VGAC is looking for an enthusiastic and capable person to work as VGAC Hanoi Co-ordinator for one year (with possible extension).
This position is located within Education Section of the Australian Embassy in Hanoi
The position will have shared responsibilities:
- 50% as the VGAC Coordinator
- 50% as office and scholarship assistant for the Education Section (known as Australian Education International)
Interested people must submit their detailed resume and an application letter clearly demonstrating how they can satisfy each of the following criteria (each criterion should be used as a heading followed by a paragraph(s) explaining the applicant’s qualities and experience for the criterion):
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including high level of written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
2. Very good organisational and project management skills;
3. Enthusiastic and positive attitude;
4. High level of ability to work as a team member and independently with minimal supervision;
5. Ability to manage competing priorities, exercise initiatives and take responsibility for achieving work unit goals;
6. Working knowledge of Australian and Vietnamese business practice (preferable)
7. An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and website management; and
8. An Australian qualification is not essential but preferred.
Please click here for further information and Job Description
The gross salary will range from 500-750 USD/month, depending on the successful candidate’s ability, qualifications and experience. Applications must send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com before 5:00PM, Monday 8 August 2011.